Thursday, July 14, 2011

Cinta Malaysian Restaurant, 452-454 Dominon Rd

It was a busy day at the office and the cupboards were bare so rather than brave the supermarket on a wet windy night I sent the husband out for takeaways.  Of late I have been a bit obsessed with Malaysian food, which has probably been spurred on by all the Malaysian food promotion out at the moment.  So the destination was Cinta, the local Malaysian Restaurant, KK Malaysian on
Manukau Rd
is also one of my favourite cheap eats, so I was keen to try a place on the strip.  The menu at Cinta is vast and very reasonable with mains from a very low $11.50, you can also order plates for 2 or 3 people which work out more economical per head than the single serves.  We ordered the beef rendang ($14) and the eggplant sambal ($13.50) as well as some roti ($3) as the mains don’t come with rice and it is always good to have something to mop up the juices with.  The beef rendang was AMAZING and I instantly fell in love, the sambal was a delicious mix of chilli and caramelised onions, it even got a “pretty good” comment from my eggplant hating husband.  The roti was more than edible but was a little oily.  Overall I was very impressed with our meal and will definitely be back to dine in, but next time with a few friends so I can taste more Cinta made delights!
5 STAR

2 comments: